Brian Wilson has signed a deal with Da Capo Press to write his memoir. The Beach Boys legend will work on the book with Rolling Stone and Men’s Journal editor Jason Fine.
The press release promises that Wilson will:
“Describe, for the first time, the epic highs and lows of his life—from his tumultuous relationship with his father, the loss of his mother and brothers, his fears about live performance, and the struggles he faced to lead the Beach Boys away from surf music into experimental terrain to his remarkable personal and professional comeback from drug addiction and mental illness with the support of his second wife, Melinda. He will share a new level of emotional honesty never before expressed in earlier books about him.”
Brian Wilson reunited with the Beach Boys for a successful 50th anniversary tour last year. Although another full reunion of remaining members doesn’t seem to be on the cards, he will be on the road again this summer with Al Jardine and David Marks. The following dates are confirmed:
- July 20 – The Grand @ The Golden Nuggett, Atlantic City, NJ
- July 21 – Stage AE – Outdoor Stage, Pittsburgh, PA
- July 23 – Kresge Auditorum, Interlochen MI
- July 25 – Fraze Pavililion, Kettering OH
- July 26 – Ravinia Festival, Highland Park, IL
- July 27 – Weesner Family Ampithheatre, Apple Valley MN
- October 20 – Greek Theatre, Los Angeles CA.
Tags: Al Jardine, beach boys, Brian Wilson, Brian Wilson autobiography, Brian Wilson memoir, David Marks
Posted in 60s pop, Books |