Posts Tagged ‘Cream’
Jack Bruce, former bassist and singer with 1960s supergroup Cream, passed away today (Oct 25) at his home in Suffolk aged 71. He had been suffering from liver disease.
Tags: Cream, Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce, Jack Bruce death, Jack Bruce dies, Jack Bruce obituary, Jack Bruce Silver Rails
Posted in Obituaries, Rock music | 1 Comment »
Gibson.com has put together a list of the top ten guitar riffs of the 1960s.
Here’s what they came up with:
- “Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones
- “You Really Got Me” by The Kinks
- “Paperback Writer” by The Beatles
- “Purple Haze” by Jimi Hendrix
- “I Can’t Explain” by The Who
- “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida” by Iron Butterfly
- “Sunshine of Your Love” by Cream
- “James Bond Theme” by The John Barry Orchestra
- “Last Train to Clarksville” by The Monkees
- “Over Under Sideways Down” by The Yardbirds.
Tags: Cream, Iron Butterfly, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, The John Barry Orchestra, the kinks, The Monkees, The Rolling Stones, The Yardbirds
Posted in 60s pop, American Rock, British Invasion, The Beatles | No Comments »
Guitar legend Eric Clapton celebrates his 65th birthday today.
|Eric Clapton is widely regarded as one of the most influential and important guitarists of all time. He has produced outstanding work throughout his career, both as a solo artist and as a member of the Yardbirds, John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers, Cream, Blind Faith, and Derek and the Dominos.|
Tags: Cream, Derek and the Dominos, Eric Clapton, Eric Clapton's 65th birthday, John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers, The Yardbirds
Posted in British Invasion, General | No Comments »